Re: [SLE] what log monitoring tool do you recomend?
  • From: Angus Beath <abeath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:32:46 +1000
Ryan,

Logwatch is pretty good, but I find that I need to have custom scripts
to parse the information it generates. Firewall data is especially
chatty and 3 quarters of it can be safely ignored. I'm open to hearing
about other products too, but at the moment logwatch seems to do a
reasonable job. One oddity I've noted is that under SuSE 9.2, when there
is a software RAID in place, logwatch fails to correctly show disk usage
- it shows the RAID/LVM and that's it..... any clues anyone?

Regards,

Angus