Re: [SLE] SuSE installer won't recognize my mouse
  • From: Andy Choens <andy.choens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:32:56 -0500
On Wednesday 30 March 2005 6:15 pm, Maura Edeweiss Monville wrote:
> I'm installing SuSE 9.2 (I also tried 9.1) on a PC.
> he installation seemed to recognize the mouse the fisrt time I launched it
> (PCS) It's a 2-button and central wheel optic mouse with serial interface
> (I guess) in fact its plug is green and similar to the keyboard plug.
> It's not a USB interface.
<snip>
> What am I supposed to do ????

I would give sax2 a spin. Boot your machine to a command prompt. At the
prompt type

sax2 -a

It will ask you for your root password, which I assume you managed to set
before accidentally resetting your machine?

This should cause the system to look at everything again.

--andy

--
Alex Lowe's 3 Rules for Climbing:
1 - Come Back Alive!