Re: [SLE] Dail-up Kppp and Kinternet
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:22:26 -0500
On Thursday 31 March 2005 08:51 am, Chadley Wilson wrote:
<snip>
> I have a problem with the farm telephone lines, when you lift the receiver
> the there is a 4 to 5 second pause before you get a dial tone,

Hi Chad,

The "Hayes compatible" AT command that told a modem to pause for one second
used to be a comma, i.e. ",". I can remember having to strategically insert
strings of consecutive commas for this very reason. Now, I don't know if
this is true in your situation, but I'd have a look at your docs and/or
Google and focus on "dialup strings" and options available in your equipment.

regards,

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216
----->>>>>http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html <<<<<-----