Migrating Users&Passwords to LDAP
  • From: Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:36:19 +0300
Hi,

Right now I have 2 servers (corporate + mail/web), which have equal user accounts. What I would like to do is to use corporate server as central storage for user/password information. Corporate server offers file services (Samba, Netatalk, NFS + Printing/Faxing) + home directories for users, while mail/web server - only mail for company employes (and web).

It is just too stupid to enter all accounts 3 times: on corporate servers for UNIX users, then on the same PC for Samba users, and third time on mail server.

Right now all user/password information is being stored in /etc/shadow and /etc/samba/smbpasswd.

The question is how to migrate all this on LDAP, and how to instruct mail server to take all user/password information from corporate server.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s)

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski
*
* Personal Home Page
* http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site