Re: [SLE] Recover question - no kernel
  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:17:32 -0600
This is a stock SuSE kernel.
Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:

Moby wrote:

Ok, follow up to my own post. I tried the repair option under install. It did all sorts of checks, found really no errors of any significance (other than missing postfix as I use sendmail on here). Still the same problem. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. This is my first time recovering from kernel failure on SuSE. I have often recovered from kernel failures on RH boxes with almost no hassle. Is there some SuSE specific item I keep on missing?

Is this a stock SuSE kernel, or a KOTD? Do you have the stock mkinitrd?

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor Martin Niemöller

< Previous Next >