Thunderbird upgrade breaks link to embedded URLs
  • From: "Michael A. Coan" <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:44:56 -0500
Running SuSE 9.2 Pro and KDE 3.4

Using Thundebird 1.0.2 for email and Firefox 1.0.2 as browser. When I
was using the version of Thunderbird included on the SuSE DVD, clicking
on a URL embedded in an email automatically invoked Firefox.

I recently upgraded Thunderbird to 1.0.2 (using apt). Now when I click
on an http link embedded in an email nothing happens. The Thunderbird
Help is also broken, probably for a related reason.

Using Google I discovered other people having the same problem, bit not
fix. Or at least no fix I could understand. There were some references
to using gnome.conf (or something like that) and also some references to
the Windows version.

Maybe I just need a diferent rpm than the one on the apt repository. I installed the one from the SuSE mirror at ftp.gwdg.de with

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs

but that didn't solve anything.

Any idees short of going back to the one from the SuSE DVD?

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation