Re: [SLE] A trick to resend? [solved]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:55:19 +0100

The Sunday 2005-01-30 at 17:04 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Balsa can resend. Just copy from Sent to Outbox, and click "send
> pending mail". And balsa is very compatible with Pine.

What the _hell_ is Balsa? Does every damn kind of wood have a mailer
associated with it??

I had no idea - about the wood thing. Balsa is, or was, the default gnome mail program. It is slightly broken in SuSE, so I compiled it myself. I like it because it is very compatible with Pine (an email read or flagged in one shows as such in the other). But I usually prefer Pine because it is way faster and I prefer it's sort by thread and arrival order (ie, last updated thread first).

Ah, now that I look... Pine, Balsa... woods! ;-)

But KMail, Mozilla, Evolution, Mutt... any more "woods"?

Anyway, KMail has "Send Again" in the "Message" menu, but it can only be used for mail that you originated in the first place, it cannot be
applied to mail you received..

Same thing. That was the intention, anyway. But an email sent with Pine
can be resent with balsa. The unfortunate thing (for me) is that Pine
doesn't have a resend function, nor Mozilla, I think. I hadn't noticed
about KMail, but it is so slow firing it up that I seldom use it.

This email was started with Pine, and finished and posted with Balsa.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson