Re: [SLE] default browser
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:07:44 -0500

Jim Flanagan wrote:
| Sorry Paul, that didn't work. Konquer still opens when I click on a url.

Hi All,

I apologize in advance for getting trigger happy and deleting posts too
quickly tonight. I thought this thread was a discussion about setting
the default browser in Evolution?

1. From the main SuSE menu in KDE (dare I say "Start" button? ;-P
2. -> Utilities -> Desktop -> Gnome Control Center
3. In the System category, double-click File Associations
4. Expand Documents, scroll down to World Wide Web, select HTML Page
5. Click 'Edit"
6. Put path/Firefox launch string in "Program to run" field.
7. Roll up Documents and scroll down to Internet Services
8. Expand Internet Services, similarly edit "http" & "https"

These changes will make Firefox the default web browser in your Gnome
applications, including Evolution.

Hoping this is still relevant and apologizing in advance if it isn't...
G'night all!

- - Carl

- --

< Previous Next >