Re: [SLE] Logitec Web Cam on SuSE 9.2 can it work?
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:53:45 +0100
George Stoianov a écrit :

Hi Michael,

I will give it a try later this week. Thanks very
much. What are the commands to get the driver added. I
have to unpack compile and then put somewhere??

Merci.
George

Good morning,

Nothing to do , compile :

./configure (not sure if it is needed)
make
make install

and the module will be at the right place in folder /lib/modules/'uname'/kernel/driversq/usb/media
and the entries for spca50x will be in file modules.usbmap

So the module wille be loaded at boot !

Take care , your cam should be device /dev/video0
but if you have another video hardware (ie a TV card) it could be /dev/video1 if the
TV module is loaded first. Furthermore it could be different at each boot ! so I'd to
control the loading order of the modules with a boot script.

Take care too, if you recompile your kernel, you'll have to recompile the spca50x module.

Michel

--- Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George Stoianov a écrit :

Hello everyone,

I have a Logitec Web Cam that I am wondering if it

is

at all possible to make it work on SuSE. It is a

USB

cam and I read that "CPiA webcam driver for Linux"
(http://webcam.sourceforge.net/) does not even

listed

as supported.

Do you have any tips?
Thanks in advance.
George

Hello,

I've too a Logitech Clicksmart 510. I was able to
get it working well with driver spca50x.

Have a look at : http://spca50x.sourceforge.net

You can get the latest drivers and a SpcaGui at the
site of the main maintainer :
http://mxhaard.free.fr

calles [spca50x-devs]

That's all folks