Re: [SLE] mouse/trackball cleaning (OT)
  • From: Peter B Van Campen <peterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:28:50 -0600
On Tuesday 01 February 2005 7:00 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> Doug McGarrett wrote:
> >Much of the standard "knowledge" says to clean
> >mice and trackballs <snip>
>
> All of this is --precisely-- the reason I switched to an optical
> mouse, and I have never regretted it. I have absolutely no problems
> with it, unlike some of the others. In particular, when I move the
> mouse, the cursor reacts immediately, whether the motion is fast or
> slow. Haven't tried it on games, but I don't think it would be a
> problem there.
>
> It's a Logitech USB mouse with a PS/2 adapter. No @#$%$#^% way am I
> going to hang a 9600 baud device off a multi- megabit USB port!! :-)

Hi,

I have 2 systems with Logitech Marbel trackballs Optical. One is native
plugged into USB 1.x port on SUSE 8.2 and the other is same model but
plugged into PS/2 port via Ligitech adapter supplied.

When I 'snap' my finger on the ball for a burst of rapid movement I see
the 'stuck cursor' mentioned on the PS/2 connected TB, but on the USB
connected TB the cursor moves fasted than I can see.

I will remember this!

PeterB

Proud SUSE user since 5.2
Loving SUSE 9.2