Re: [SLE] mouse/trackball cleaning (OT)
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:36:37 -0600

Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 08:00 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

Doug McGarrett wrote:

Much of the standard "knowledge" says to clean
mice and trackballs <snip>

All of this is --precisely-- the reason I switched to an optical mouse,
and I have never regretted it. I have absolutely no problems with it,
unlike some of the others. In particular, when I move the mouse, the
cursor reacts immediately, whether the motion is fast or slow. Haven't
tried it on games, but I don't think it would be a problem there.

It's a Logitech USB mouse with a PS/2 adapter. No @#$%$#^% way am I
going to hang a 9600 baud device off a multi- megabit USB port!! :-)

What do you consider an optical mouse?? The Logitech Marble Mouse is an optical mouse as far as I am concerned. The only moving part is the ball which is tracked optically.

I'd probably call that optical-mechanical. Mine has a LED, only the buttons and the wheel move.

Oh, and I don't have any delay with the wheel either.