Re: [SLE] default browser
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:53:49 -0500

Roger Beever wrote:

<snip>

| No HTML under www (not under any of the others either ).

This was an opportunity to create the file type definition. Click on
"Add" instead of "Edit." Tell it that files that look like this:
"*.HTML,*.html,*.HTM,*.htm" are to be launched in browser "%" (in your
case Firefox.)
<snip>

| is there a way to restore the defaults on the gnome control panel.
| Roger

R & R (removing & reinstalling) didn't work because you removed the
configuration editor, not the underlying data. ;-)

I don't think a 'wrinkle-free' multi-desktop Linux installation is
possible or reasonable to expect. There will always be something minor
needing attention. The "Add" button was beckoning you to get your feet
a little wetter... (hint, hint & a very big grin!)

- - Carl

- --

< Previous Next >
List Navigation