trying to connect to a windows workgroup for print sharing
  • From: Joe Brockert <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:55:57 -0600
I'm running out of ideas,

Unfortunately I must work within a window workgroup environment. I have
a printer that is connected to a windows that is setup for sharing.
Other windows machines can use it so I know its being shared. I have
suse 9.2 running. Things I've tried.

control center/Internet & network/local network browsing....I have
setuup a username(Administrator), password, and workqroup. Not
sure what I should use in the MS Windows encoding field.

then I try
control center/utilities/printer/print manager/
run the add wizard, select SMB shared printer(windows), provide user/pwd
of Administrator/password, and fire off scan that finds nothing
I've tried adding the workgroup, server name printer name, but I can't
get to the printer.

I've setup my hosts file with the printer server address and windows
name

I've tried control center/yast2 modules/network service/samba client,
and try a browse, nothing shows up. forced a workgroup name, still
nothing.

any ideas where to look next?....joe