Re: [SLE] Sound Card Still Squealing Away [still no joy]
(sorry Doug, I forgot to change the reply to address, this one is going to the list)

From: "Doug B" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 11:40 pm, david rankin wrote:
I still can't get the soundcard to quick squealing/buzzing under suse
9.2. I'm running out of things to try. Anybody have any other
thoughts? Details

below:

Is this 2 audios installed? Could they be interfering with each other?

This is the only one on my system (similar but not exactly like yours)

That may be the problem. How or where do I tell the pci bus to load only
one or the other? Further, why would mdk try and install 2 when all I have
is one onboard sound card? Is there an rmpci command? (I'll check). Where is
the config for the pci bus located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(The squeal is worse than Chinese water torture)

0000:00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce3
250Gb AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a1)

My lsmod looks much like yours (size may be different because I'm
x86_64) except :
snd_pcm_oss 63912 0
snd_mixer_oss 21120 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_ioctl32 18432 0

^^ you don't show that one ^^

snd_intel8x0 35396 0
snd_ac97_codec 81952 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm 110220 4
snd_pcm_oss,snd_ioctl32,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_co
dec
snd_timer 26632 1 snd_pcm
snd 67336 7
snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_ioctl32,snd_intel8
x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore 10912 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 11664 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

Don't know if any of that helps, but the two audio devices seem odd.

Doug