Re: [SLE] kmail (kontact) threaded view
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:20:53 -0800
Hamish,

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 08:10, Hamish wrote:
> Hi everyone
> A bit off topic, sorry!

Not really, though perhaps a bit more on-topic in the SuSE-KDE list.
Perhaps.

> I am thinking of switching from thunderbird to kmail, ...

Good choice.

> In Kmail, all you have is an indication that there are x new
> messages, you will then have to expand each thread to find them -
> there must be a way to do this!

Yup. There is.

> I tried evolution as well, but it crashed twice while i was importing
> mail and playing, so not too sure about it!
> Thanks,

Here's where to look / what to do:

- KMail -> Settings (menu) -> Configure KMail
- Appearance category
- Headers tab
- From Message Header Threading Options (middle section) select:
"Open threads that contain new, unread or important message
and open watched threads."

Randall Schulz