Re: [SLE] Firefox is dead !!
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:13:43 -0500
On Wednesday 02 February 2005 07:24, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> B. Stia wrote:
..............<snip >

> >What is this ????? How can a plugin kill an app like Firefox ???
>
> There are no 64 bit flash plugin. Are you running a 64 bit Firefox?
> Though it shouldn't cause what you see, if you are using a 64 bit
> Firefox, try uninstalling the 32 bit flash you installed and see if
> it fixes it.

Joe,
Yep, running 64 bit. Not so sure I uninstalled it correctly though.
Other users didn't have the problem so I looked in ~.mozilla. Saw a
plugins Directory and only the two flashplayer and libflashplayer
files. Just renamed the directory and that fixed it. Can't leave it
that way because there must be many other files scattered all over, and
am curious as to why it installed there and if other plugins should be
in there. How do I go about uninstalling it correctly? Came as a
direct download from the website that said I needed it. Should have
known better and never done that. I vowed to myself when I installed
9.2 I was not going to have a lot of weird unused file laying around
again. Hmmm....so here I am again. :-(

Oguz,
Are you referring to the /opt/MozillaFirefox/lib64/plugins directory ?
Don't have those files in there. As a matter of fact I don't see them
anywhere.

Jim,
Already set at 16 bit.

Thanks to all for replying.