Re: [SLE] Browsers take a long time to resolve ip address
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:05:37 -0600
Oops -- forgot to readdress to the list.

Robert A. Rawlinson wrote:

Those 2 variables, IPV6_FORWARD and IPV6_PRIVACY, are in /etc/sysconfig/sysctl in 9.0, but they may have been moved in 9.1. Grep recursively for "IPV6_" in /etc/sysconfig/* They may of course, be renamed, so look at the script that turns up when you grep for "modprobe".

I thank you for all the help you have offered. I did in fact find the statements you point out in the boot files. I commented them out and rebooted but
still the problem exists. So as you advised I will have to continue looking. I will find it eventually. For now I have to get back to the

For now, I guess you could just add in a line

rmmod ipv6

or perhaps (better?)

modprobe -r ipv6

in /etc/init.d/boot.local, and hope it goes away. I don't think the module will be loaded anywhere outside the /etc/init.d/boot* scripts, so that -should- take care of it. Of course, it is also possible SuSEfirewall2 may sense it is not loaded, and load it prior to loading ip6_tables. Sorry I can't help you further on this, I'm running 9.0 and will bypass 9.1 entirely -- my next install will either be 9.2, or whatever comes after that.

< Previous Next >