What drives the KDE hourglass?
  • From: Pierre Patino <pierre@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:20:31 -0800
Hello

I'd like to know exactly what triggers the hourglass in KDE. Can someone tell me? I know that I can change its default maximum time but I would like to know exactly what makes it:

1) Appear
2) Spin around
3) Disappear

The reason is this: I have a script which launches mozilla if mozilla is not running, otherwise it tells the already running mozilla to open another window.This is to avoid the "multiple instances need multiple profiles" issue. If I mozilla is not running, launching my script from a desktop icon creates a little spinning hourglass which promptly disappears when mozilla loads and a browser window appears. If I launch the script again, another spinning hourglass appears. However, it does not go away until many seconds after mozilla has opened another window. I know that my script has terminated successfully a long time ago too. Any ideas?

TIA

  • No further messages