Re: [SLE] Kmail and Kaffeine
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:27:26 -0500
On Thursday 03 February 2005 05:18 pm, Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think it has been alrady mentionned on the list :
> http://www.google.com/search?q=lists.suse.com+kmail+kaffeine
>
> When I click on a video attachement in KMail, a pop-up ask me if I
> want to open it with Kaffeine. If I confirm, Kaffeine tells me e.g.
> "Cannot find the specified file or URL. Please check it.
> /tmp/kde-toto/video.mpg"
>
> Is anobody else experiencing the same behavior ?
>
> Suse 9.2 with installed updates
> Kmail 1.7.1
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

Yep, Fred, it seems that's a normal problem with either kaffeine or
kmail, not really sure which. The best thing to do with those
attachments is save them to the hard drive first and then play it.

regards,
Lee

Registered Linux User #225206
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being
run by smart people who are putting us on or by
imbeciles who really mean it." ...Mark Twain