Re: [SLE] Missing xterm
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:08:09 -0500

Jerry Feldman wrote:
<snip>
| I have never seen an X Windows based system that did not have the basic X
| Windows tools, such as xterm.
|
| I do agree with Brad in that if it is missing, there is something
wrong. I
| doubt you are having a hard drive failure, but something or someone may
| have inadvertently removed some stuff.

You've all got me wracking my brain now, but I seem to recall recently
(last few days) reading a Novell/SuSE notice somewhere that they've
begun deprecating some number of terminal programs that have been deemed
redundant. They're simple enough to build from source, aren't they?

my 2 cents

- - Carl

- --