RE: [SLE] problems with Iomega Zip drives in Suse 9.2
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:18:58 -0800
On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:33, Chris wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
> I had a similar set up with 9.1 but in 9.2 it doesn't work. If you get 9.2
> you should only need
> /dev/sda /media/zip auto defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 0
> most people find this or similar works fine. Its actually simpler but seems
> to disobey all the usual rules for hds.
> Chris

> /dev/sda1 /media/zip auto defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 4
> /dev/sda4 /media/zip2 auto defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 0

This is what I used since 7.3 before the cat knocked the drive over.

/dev/sda4 /media/zip auto noauto,user 0 0

So It died before 9.x was installed but should still work. I did notice
in 8.2 when I took the box to a meeting, leaving the zip home, that
booting caused a search and about 30+ icons for the zip would appear.

Originally it was a parallel port device. I have found replacement
drives all of which are USB connected. Does this require different
setup. I want to drop the auto and have it open only when I want.

--