Re: [SLE] Missing xterm
  • From: Doug B <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:26:01 -0600
On Thursday 03 February 2005 09:08 pm, Carl E. Hartung wrote:
> You've all got me wracking my brain now, but I seem to recall
> recently (last few days) reading a Novell/SuSE notice somewhere that
> they've begun deprecating some number of terminal programs that have
> been deemed redundant. They're simple enough to build from source,
> aren't they?

Could this blurb from the 9.2 release notes be what you read?

Terminal Emulators for X11

We have removed a number of terminal emulators because they are either
no longer maintained or do not work in the default environment,
especially by not supporting UTF-8. SUSE LINUX offers standard
terminals, such as xterm, the KDE and GNOME terminals, and mlterm
(Multilingual Terminal Emulator for X), which might be a replacement
for aterm and eterm.

Doug
e starting with
> "quotes-reject".
>
> You do not need to copy the post in your response to accept or
> reject it. If you wish to send a comment to the sender of a rejected
> post, please include it between two marker lines starting with three
> percent signs ('%'):
>
> %%% Start comment
> %%% End comment
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> --- Enclosed, please find the posted message.
mment