Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:15:56 +0100
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:10:32AM -0600, devosc wrote:
> Hi, I've been running 9.1 smoothly for months... then all of a sudden
> yesterday I've been kicked out of the graphical boot mode and can only
> login via the cmd line... please.... how do I restore the graphical
> boot mode?

There's a couple of possiblities. One of which might be that your runlevel
got changed. Check in /etc/inittab for a line like this:
id:5:initdefault:
The one above indicated a default runlevel of 5, which is the one including
graphic mode. Check your current runlevel with the 'runlevel' command.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff