Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:56:20 -0600
I ran the /etc/rc.d/xdm start and it just said 'done'.

I didn't make any changes within the system *immediately* prior to
this problem... even then at most all I have doen is just perform
online updates... and its been at least a week since I did the last
online update....

my cmd line usage isn't great: but after more ...XFree86.0.log

it says -XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.X11-unix)
failed, errno = 13
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running

.... I'm not sure where or even how to report the full server output ?

What would happen if I ran the install disks again? could it be repaired... ?

G.

< Previous Next >