RE: [SLE] Sound Card Still Squealing Away [still no joy]
  • From: "Kevin Krieser" <kkrieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:07:30 -0600
I had a noise problem from my speakers with 9.1 (though I didn't think I had
it originally). Tried different kernels, etc, to no avail. But booting off
of Knoppix, sound sounded good, leading me to believe it wasn't hardware.

Bought 9.2, same problem. With a lot of trial an error, I found 3D sound on
one of the mixers. Turned that off, sound is good again. Needless to say,
I don't have a 3D set of speakers.