Re: [SLE] backing up "proc" the directory
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:06:19 -0800
Ted,

The simple answer to issues of "backing up" the /proc directory is:
Don't!

All of the contents of /proc are synthesized by the kernel to reflect
the current status of the system. Nothing there is really a file, none
of it is meaningfully backed up and none of it could even be restored.

Just avoid backing up /proc and /dev.

It sounds like you need to take in some Linux tutorials.

Randall Schulz