[Fwd: [SLE] mkisofs - file versus directory]
  • From: Ted Hilts <thilts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:22:43 -0700

If I have a directory (24 layers deep) and run mkisofs on that directory will the file system created for blasting onto a CD or DVD handle that many directory layers?

For example, let's say I want to run mkisofs on some part of "/usr" or "opt" where I have checked the space usage of the directories so I don't exceed the capacity of the CD or DVD or perhaps I might use multiple CDs.

Thanks - Ted

  • No further messages