Re: [SLE] 9.2 scsi install: no fstab found
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:33:43 -0500

Hi Jim,

<whack>
| FWIW, when I first booted from the 9.2 CD #1, a box popped up
| asking me to insert modules disk 2, to which I clicked "back"
| in lieu of hitting the reset button (not having made a modules
| disk 2).
<whack>

For some reason, your system is booting from one of the floppy images it
found on the CD. This is ok -- that's why they're there -- but to
proceed successfully you'll need to create and use the modules
diskette's, too.

The alternative to this feature might have left you unable to boot from
the CD at all and, IMHO, it doesn't actually turn into a "fleet" until
you have to make the three /boot/ floppies, too. ;-)

Good luck & regards,

- - Carl

- --