Re: [SLE] CPU oddness.. /proc/cpuinfo included.
  • From: "Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:08:27 -0600
Sid,

That did the trick.. What ~% of performance am I losing by keeping it
dynamic?

Thanks.. Ryan

--------------------------------------

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Linux System Administrator 3
email: Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 225.219.0556
Fax: 225.219.0540

Registered Linux User #364609
Ryan McCain wrote:
> As you can see below I have a Intel Pentium 1600. If you look at the
> actual cpu MHZ, its only performing around 600 mhz. Can someone
explain
> this or lead me to a possible solution?
>
> OS = Suse 9.2
> Comp: Dell Latitude D600 (laptop)
>
> thanks.. ryan
>
> -----
>
> busket:~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor : 0
> vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> cpu family : 6
> model : 9
> model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz
> stepping : 5
> cpu MHz : 598.220
> cache size : 1024 KB
> fdiv_bug : no
> hlt_bug : no
> f00f_bug : no
> coma_bug : no

> fpu : yes
> fpu_exception : yes
> cpuid level : 2
> wp : yes
> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe est tm2
> bogomips : 1185.79
>
> busket:~ #
>

> --------------------------------------
>
> Ryan McCain
> Northrop Grumman Corporation
> Linux System Administrator 3
> email: Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Phone: 225.219.0556
> Fax: 225.219.0540
>
> Registered Linux User #364609

try "powersave -f" and check again, if it's at full speed, then
powersave is kicking in and you can safely set it back with
"powersave-A". When the workload demands it, it'll dynamically switch
back to full speed and back to powersave when the load falls off.
Regards
Sid.
--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and Keen Flyer
=====ALMOST ALL LINUX USED HERE, Solaris 10 SPARC is just for play=====