Re: [SLE] CPU oddness.. /proc/cpuinfo included.
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:51:37 -0600
Ryan McCain wrote:
After some research and a few chats on IRC, I
found out by righ clicking on my power icon, then selecting SET CPU
FREQUENCY POLICY, I could change a setting to "Performance" .. It was
previously at dynamic, which is "supposed" to save power. However, I
would think the power saved is negligible at best.

Don't only think of power saved meaning watts of electricity. It also, by slowing the processor when your system is just 'spinning its wheels', also drops the temp of the CPU, extending its life as well as using less watts.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission