Fedora 3.0
  • From: Bahram Alinezhad <alineziad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:32:27 -0800 (PST)
Last week I installed Fedora 3.0. It comes with kernel 2.6.9.1,
Gnome 2.8 and KDE 3.3. It has more bugs than SuSE and is less
easy to use, but, it is very faster!

I found a clue that could be the reason for great performance
drop in my suse linux. Once, someone suggested me to run "top" to
see if a process engages the system resources. I ran it and there
wasn't any realtime process with more than %5 cpu usage.
Yesterday, I realized that when we open a new page of mozilla by
choosing File -> New -> Navigator Window or Ctrl+N, the window
opens much faster than pressing its icon on the panel (and a
previous session is still open). The difference between these two
is that in the second state, an small icon swings under the mouse
pointer. I chose different mouse themes from control centre but
could never get rid of this animation! Can somebody tell where is
its settings? Can it be the origin of too long time of most
applications to open?

Bahram Alinezhad,
Registered linux user #375283 (counter.li.org)
Rudehen, Tehran, Iran.