Re: [SLE] wahoo.no-ip.org
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:13:43 -0500
Hi Bahram,

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 04:16, Bahram Alinezhad wrote:
> This web site contains beautiful personal photoes and its owner
> is a member of this mail-list ("Patrick Shanahan"
> <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>):
>
> http://wahoo.no-ip.org/
>
> Its server is run by SuSE linux w/ Apache 2.0.52:
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=wahoo.no-ip.org
>
> Somewhere on the page you see "100% Micro$oft free Linux site".
> I think this mark is not suitable for a web-site and it is
> already a pride only for personal desktop computers. The reason
> is that it suggests Microsoft to be the major player of the
> server world; While we know that Unix/Linux have far more share:
>
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html

It's stuff like this that I tell my family about. Linux? they go?
what good is that? Then I point out the share of FOSS on the net.

> Thank you for your notice,
> Bahram Alinezhad,
> Registered linux user #375283 (counter.li.org)
> Rudehen, Tehran, Iran.

Have a gander at what IT professionals are being told:
http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2005020501126OPMSSV
which links to
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/45325/Windows_45325.html

Perhaps Patrick has an idea going.