[SLE] Help to install Firefox and Flashplayer 7
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:35:40 +0100
Hi all,

I want to switch from Mozilla to Firefox, after reading the few installations notes
I've found and after a lot of googling I've a few questions :

-- For Firefox : should install it as root ? if so do I've - as I read - to install it in a folder
where all users have write access ? Or should I install it in my home folder ?
This was not necessary with Mozilla !

-- For Flashplayer : I read two different install instructions :
- the first one - mozdev installation note - tells to copy the two files : "libflashplayer.so"
and "flashplayer.xpt" in the "plugin" folder of the installation ! Do they speak of the
"~/.mozilla/firefox/plugin" folder or of the "/usr/local/mozilla/firefox/plugin" folder ?

- the second one - mozdev installation FAQ - tells to copy the file : "libflashplayer.so"
in the plugin folder and the file "flashplayer.xpt" in the "components" folder !!!

Which one is right ?

- Furthermore, if I install the flashplayer with the installer I'm told that I need to install
the packages "ttfonts" and "urw-fonts", is it necessary? if yes where do I find these
packages for SuSE 9.2 Pro ?

Could someone who succeed in the installation of Firefox with Flashplayer give me
the answers to these questions ?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Michel.