ATI Linux Driver mimetype
  • From: mikus@xxxxxxx (Mikus Grinbergs)
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:54:08 -0600
This evening, for a friend's machine, I tried to download the
proprietary ATI Linux Driver from www2.ati.com/drivers/linux.
No go. Ended up downloading instead from the supplementary
directory tree at SuSE.

What was happening was that someplace (perhaps the server at
ATI) had identified the .rpm file I was accessing as MIME-Type
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin !! And, although the system had
RealAudio installed, it told me it did __not__ have the
resources to handle a file of that type. Two questions:

1) If the RealAudio package is installed, does that install
the RealAudio *plugin* as well ? If not, what needs to
be done to have the system accept data that is CORRECTLY
identified as MIME-Type audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin ?

2) If a file to be downloaded is identified with the WRONG
MIME-Type, can the download process be simply instructed
"download it to disk -- ignore the MIME-Type" ?

Thanks, mikus (using some kind of browser - I forget which)

< Previous Next >