Re: [SLE] Can't upgrade firefox via APT
  • From: "Trey Sizemore" <trey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:02:42 -0500
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:45:43 -0500, "Carl E. Hartung"
<suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Hi Trey,
>
> I think this topic has been discussed here fairly recently.
> You could try looking here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&r=1&w=2
> (It's a searchable archive of suse-linux-e)
>
> I also tried Google using the search phrase "apt cpio: bad magic" which
> provided me with several relevant hits.
>
> HTH & regards,
>
> - - Carl

Yes, I had searched the archives and found that the most recent
references to cpio/bad magic were about 3 years old. With a package
like Firefox, I would assume others would be having issues as well
(SUSE-specific) so thought I'd post to see if anyone else had seen this
or perhaps there was a known workaround for this. I understand from
google searches that this may mean corrupt media, but as I only see this
with SUSE specifically, I posted to the list.

Thanks for the list archive reference, though.
--
Trey Sizemore
trey@xxxxxxxxxxx