Boot sequence problems..
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:17:15 +0100

I have a problem with the boot sequence on my system.. It's a MSI KT6 Delta
motherboard (VIA KT600)

The setup is:
One IDE disk, primary master.
One DVD reader, secondary slave.
Adaptec SCSI with tape, no disk.
Compaq Smart Array 3200 with a SCSI disk array.

I want the boot sequence to be this:

1. Floppy
2. DVD-ROM
3. Compaq SCSI Array

As it seems, I can't get this to work, in BIOS only floppy, DVD, HDD-0,
Legacy SCSI and the BBS-0 (Broadcom NetXtreme) shows up.

So, I tried to set up boot from floppy, disabled every other boot device,
but that doesn't work either...

I deleted everything on the IDE disk, including the partition table, still
boot failed.
However, if I disable the on board IDE controllers, the system boots clean
and nice from the Compaq Array. Anyone with an idea? Somehow it must be able
to set the board to boot from the SCSI array even if there's a IDE device
present, right?

Any ideas on this?