Possibility to use two gateways?
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:27:42 -0800
Hello SuSE folkz,
Is it possible to have two default gateways
in SuSE routing configuration for the each host on internal network?
How to setup them?

I have the following network topology:
1. DSL modem connected to the switch_1
2. Two servers SW1 and SW2 with their own separate Internet
static IP's connected to the switch_1 via eth0 interfaces.
3. Two servers SW1 and SW2 with their own internal static IP's
but the same mask 255.255.255.0 and network address 192.168.1.0/24
connected to another internal switch_2 via eth1 interfaces.
4. The rest of the hosts on internal network connected to the switch_2
via their single eth0 interfaces.

What I want to achieve is to specify two default gateways for the each
host on internal network.
In case if SW1 or SW2 server goes down, each host still will be able to access
the Internet.

Could somebody please enlighten me on this issue.
Many thanks in advance,

Alex