Boot Disk 5 on SuSE 9.2
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:20:03 -0500
An associate was trying to do an NFS installation on a Compaq Professional
workstation. After booting boot floppy 1, it brings up the SuSE logo and
the menu. Then when clicking in one of the installation options, is
immediately asks for boot disk 5.
I tested the diskettes on an old system in my office and it went through
boot1,2,3 + Modules 3 correctly. So, the boot disks were built correctly.

The problem is that I left the DVD and CDs at home, but I keep a copy of the
image on hard disk because some of the systems here won't read the layered
DVD.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group