Re: [Fwd: [SLE] the directory "proc"] --NOT a repost - apology
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:29:58 +0100
On Tuesday 08 February 2005 17:10, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> > > It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Why do Windows users
> > > participate in a Linux forum?
> >
> > --snip
> >
> > Well, some of us are at the office and have to use Windows there.
> >
> > Of course, I should be working............. ;-)
> >
> > David
>
> At a minimum get a gmail account and use firefox to access it. And
> as always, be very, very carefull about what attachments you
> download. This will stop that vast majority of virus issues, even
> with windows pc.

That's a good idea.. Except that at the place I work, all web-based
email is blocked. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, ...

> The biggest negative is that it does not have a list reply, and it
> includes the original senders e-mail in the reply. It takes an extra
> 30 seconds or so to manually fix these issues per reply.
The best reason I know not to do the list at work. Outlook is without a
doubt the worst email program I've ever had the displeasure to work
with. I can hardly wait until we get upgraded to outlook 2003. ;(

Mike