Re: [SLE] Copying DVD.
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:08:40 -0600

> > You will need something like dvdbackup first to copy the dvd to your
> > hard disk, and then using k3b you can write it back.
> >
> > If these are dvds you have purchased, most probably they are
> > encrypted, so you will need libdvdcss as well for the dvdbackup to
> > successfully copy the content.
> >
> > Please, note that in some contries it may be illegal, so check your
> > local laws.
> >
> Hi Sunny,
>
> I noticed there is a freeware utility that provides the ability to
> breate a 'backup' DVD copy on WinXP. It is called "DVDShrink" and it is
> at http://dvdshrink.org
>
> Might we expect a linux version?
>
> PeterB

Hi Peter,
The OP was about dual layer, so there is no need for "shrink".

But otherwise, DVDShrink works pretty well under wine.

Also, there is dvd9to5 script which works well. For the time being it
just shrinks the main movie, dropping the extra features and the
menus, but I can live without them :)

And I think that dvd::rip project has in its TODO list such a functionality.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox