Re: [SLE] backing up "proc" the directory re Bruce
  • From: Ted Hilts <thilts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:31:58 -0700
Bruce
Okay. I will go to www.linux-sxs.org and familarize myself with the GRUB instructions and examples and see if I can do this with the 15 machines I have on my LAN, some Windows, some Linux. I will then create a Grub Boot Disk (diskette or CD) and try to "set it up" to accomplish booting to the boot section of each of the 15 LAN machines.

Will let you know if I have a problem. It may take me a couple of weeks to get back to you because of my busy schedule.

Thanks for taking the time to inform me in a general way on this matter. I would have liked a working example of at least 2 machines set up on a Grub Boot Disk as this example would have helped me appreciate the new concepts of using GRUB. I have only worked with LILO in the past.

Thanks -TED

Bruce Marshall wrote:

Why is this so hard to understand? Grub is merely a small program that can read from many types of file systems and boot those systems. Simple.

Thanks -- Ted

Bruce said

You can easily make a grub boot floppy which will give you the same menu
setup that you have on SuSE and you can go from there.

Go to: www.linux-sxs.org and do a search on grub to find some
instructions.

!DSPAM:42080ac4169503913224314!