Re: [SLE] Totally baffled by NVIDIA.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:25:06 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2005-02-09 at 02:04 -0500, Allen wrote:

> > It may be possible for a third party to subscribe somebody, if that
> > somebody has an autoresponder.
>
> If he has an auto responder saying "subscribe SUSE Linux E" ..... Don't
> think so man.

Not really.

Suppose 'A' wants to subscribe 'B'. He just sends an email to
"test-list-subscribe at suse.com", for example. The list server sends an
email to 'B', who has an autoresponder that answers with "an out of
office" reply to every single post.

Notice what the SuSE invitation email says:

| From: test-list-help at suse.com
| To: B@some server
| Subject: confirm subscribe to test-list at suse.com
|
| Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
| test-list at suse.com mailing list.
|
| I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
| at test-list-owner at suse.com.
|
| To confirm that you would like
|
| B@some server
|
| added to the test-list mailing list, please send
| an empty reply to this address:
|

| test-list-sc.B=some server at suse.com
|
| Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
| If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
| the "To:" field of a new message.

Notice that simply replying to that email (last paragraph above), with any
text whatsoever (subject and text are ignored), will get "B" subscribed.
Therefore, the "out of office" autoreply should get him subscribed, IMO.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson