Re: [SLE] Windows to Linux
  • From: g.lams@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:26:40 +0100
We are slowly moving stuff to linux but Never used that kind of book (I
prefer books like Unix Power Tools from O'Reilly, more useful).
For me, the method, if there is one, is basically the same for all kind of
migration:
- make a checklist of the applications that run on your windows server
- check whether they run on linux (I suppose they do if you want to move).
Should they not run, check whether you can fin an equivalent in FOSS
world. Not all the servers can be moved: suppose you use
MicrosoftApplication Server Pages (actually I remember reading that there
is a module of apache that allow them to run, but I never tested it)
- setup a testing environment
- after the test, move in production

If you have more detailed question, ...

Regards