smartd message
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:34:09 -0500
Hello SuSE people,

Have the smartd daemon running to check my Linux drive,
Don't understand what it is telling me. As per:
This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

   host name: EasyStreet
  DNS domain: [Unknown]
  NIS domain:

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

TEST EMAIL from smartd for device: /dev/hdb

For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/messages).
Don't have any messages in /var/log/messages,  (nor a SYSLOG ) from
smartd and don't understand what it is telling me. Is it just telling
me it is sending a test e-mail ??  I get that message twice a day,
about 3 minutes apart. Could that just be start & stop?

Bob S.