Re: [SLE] Failed ReiserFS
  • From: Lennart Börjeson <lennart.borjeson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:36:28 +0100
onsdagen den 9 februari 2005 20.23 skrev Amanda B Hickman:
> Is there anyone out there who is happy with reiserfs?

Yes, I am. Having been burned by ext2 and then by ext3 (non-recoverable disks
after power failures), I switched to reiserfs and have not had a single
nonrecoverable disk since, expect once on a crypto loop file...

I guess this is simply an example of how most of us function: We use what we
have until it breaks, then search for alternatives. The first solution which
works gets promoted to the current favourite!

At least I do not have the time to investigate whether ext3 or anything else
really would be better than SuSEs current default reiserfs. I works for me
and I have neither functional nor performance problems with it.

--
!++
! Lennart Börjeson

< Previous Next >