Konsole errors after OOo update
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:04:39 +0200
Hi,

Recently updated OOo on my SuSE 9.0 system from 1.1.0 to 1.1.3.

Everything has been just fine, to my limited knowledge except in the following scenario:

Just before I am to shutdown the machine for the night, I log out of KDE as a user and login as root.
I mount the HDD to be used as my backup destination, and delete the old /home from it using Konqueror.
Then I open Konsole and whatever I do (normally it is the command of 'cp -a /home /backupHDD/home') there works fine but the Konsole window on KDE CANNOT be closed, although I have not tried killing the process via top from the Alt-F2 console.
The only way to get some sort of decent behaviour out of the system is to log out, or failing that Alt-F2 and reboot/shutdown.

What could be affecting this as the OOo update was done, satisfying allot of dependencies, with Yast? How can I repair it, preferably without reverting back to OOo 1.1.0 or forward to OOo 1.1.4?

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1