Re: [SLE] clamav help
  • From: "Hans du Plooy" <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:42:00 +0200 (SAST)

> Hi all,
> Just installed 9.2 desktop. Kind of new to setting up antivirus.
> Does the clamav,clamd,amavisd-new work as is,out of the box, after
> enabling in syslevels? Logs say everything is running, but I don't see
> any indication that I'm scanning mails in or outbound.

No, you have to setup postfix with amavisd-new to do that. Much easier
than it sounds. Open Yast - MTA, answer all the questions, and tick "scan
incoming mail with amavis" when you have the option. Setup fetchmail
(parth of the MTA setup in yast) to pick up your mail,

I would suggest using Maildir with courier-pop3 or courier-imap on the
client side. Make a Maildir directory in your home directores (and in
/etc/skel so that new users get it automatically). Search
/etc/postfix/main.cf for a line containing "Maildir" and uncomment that
line. Run YOU to install the courier update (it's broken in 9.2 by
default).

That's really all you need. You can edit the /etc/amavisd.conf file to
your liking. In fact, copy the one from 9.1 over as a template - it's
more complete than the one that comes with 9.2

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy