Motherboard / Memory problems?
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:29:38 +0100

I'm trying to set up a new system, but have run into problems.

The hardware setup is as follows:

MSI KT6 Delta motherboard (VIA KT600)
AMD Athlon 2600+ Barton
TwinMOS 2GB Dual Channel kit (2 x M2GA016A-TT)
Compaq Smart Array 3200 SCSI Raid
DVD Reader

My problems starts during installation, I've tried SLES9, SuSE Pro 9.1 and
9.2, all three versions does somewhere during the installation with a kernel
panic.

When I do an installation with another memory, one Kingston HyperX 512MB
module, everything workes fine.

Naturally I suspected memory errors, so I ran 25 loops with Memtest86+ v1.5
on the TwinMOS memories, of course no errors at all.

Could the problem be that the MSI motherboard somehow can't handle the
TwinMOS 2GB setup? If so, what recommendations for another mobo can you
people give me?

Anders Norrbring

< Previous Next >