Re: [SLE] Motherboard / Memory problems?
  • From: Jeffrey Laramie <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:43:40 -0500
> Could the problem be that the MSI motherboard somehow can't handle the
> TwinMOS 2GB setup? If so, what recommendations for another mobo can you
> people give me?

I've never used that particular board but I've had good luck with MSI boards
in the past. Did you check on MSI's site to see if the TwinMOS RAM is
supported? MSI gives a detailed list of acceptable RAM for it's boards. You
may also need to adjust the RAM settings in BIOS. MSI warns that the default
RAM setting may not work for all RAM and they allow detailed RAM
configuration. The RAM manufacturer may have recommended settings you can use
for this.

Jeff