Re: [SLE] Adding partitions
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:33:58 -0600
On Friday 11 February 2005 10:19, Philip Washington wrote:
> After reboot some windows vfat partitions are not showing up in 'My
> Computer'. I looked in fstab and there is no line defining a mount
> point for the partition. Is there a simple way for a user to configure
> fstab through a GUI interface so that these partitions will show up in
> 'My Computer'. The user/s are not that familiar with linux.
>
> Philip

YaST/System/Partitioner. There, select the partition and hit Edit. In Mount
point, type in the desired mounting point. Be sure to select "Do not
format" !
Then, click "Fstab options". In the "Arbitr. options" you can add this:
gid=xxxx,umask=002

where xxxx is the numeric ID for the "users" group. Or you can create a
separate group in which you can put the users with write permissions for that
partition, and replace xxxx with this ID.

This will make this partition to be mounted on boot, with owner like
root:users, and will allow members of group "users" to write in it.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox